Health and Safety Policy Statement.
George Thomas Joinery and Shop Fit Ltd recognises the key importance of delivering and managing a Health and Safety culture within the company and to ensure we meet our obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act 197 4, including all relevant regulations and approved codes of practice additional to the Act.
George Thomas Joinery and Shop Fit Ltd will therefore:
- Provide and maintain a healthy, safe working environment for all employees, contractors and visitors;
- Ensure we identify health and safety hazards, provide adequate control of health and safety risks and adopt the appropriate risk control strategies by allocating responsibilities, resources and securing the commitment of all employees, contractors and visitors to our site;
- Ensure all employees are competent to carry out their work tasks, by providing information, identifying relevant training needs and arranging relevant training and instruction, supervision and assessing competence on a regular basis;
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health where reasonably practicable;
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- To review and revise this policy statement as necessary at regular intervals;
This policy statement is supported by Instructions, Procedures and Organisational
Arrangements and is to be applied to all activities carried out by the company.
A Healthy and Safe working environment cannot be successful without the active
participation of all employees and must be observed at all times.
George Thomas Joinery and Shop Fit Ltd